Professor Janet Garton, a Director of Norvik Press, recently gave a talk on a selection of our Norwegian novels in translation. You can watch her presentation below.
The gems under discussion are:
- Camilla Collett’s The District Governor’s Daughters, translated by Kirsten Seaver
- Amalie Skram’s Lucie, Fru Inés and Betrayed, all translated by Katherine Hanson and Judith Messick
- Johan Borgen’s Little Lord, translated by Janet Garton
- Jens Bjørneboe’s Moment of Freedom, Powderhouse, The Silence and The Sharks, all translated by Esther Greenleaf Mürer
- Vigdis Hjorth’s A House in Norway, translated by Charlotte Barslund
- Erik Fosnes Hansen’s Lobster Life, translated by Janet Garton
- Jan Kjærstad’s Berge, translated by Janet Garton
Click on the links in the book titles to find out more about each of these treasures!